VCARD (Volusia County Association for Responsible Development)
VCARD (www.responsibledevelopment.com) is a unique, non-profit association of professionals who work in all aspects of land development – engineers, land use planners and environmental consultants, land use attorneys, financial officers, Realtors and property managers, architects, surveyors, contractors and land developers. Approximately 130 firms from throughout North and Central Florida are members and many of them have multiple associates who are VCARD participants in various activities.
In existence since 1985, VCARD is chartered as an educational association. Through constant electronic ‘news updates’ VCARD keeps the development community and local government representatives informed about current planning and environmental issues as well as regulatory changes of federal, state and local governments. The association also sponsors public educational forums on major topics related to land use planning, transportation, the environment and overall growth management in Florida.
● VCARD serves as a liaison between the development community and local governments throughout Volusia and Flagler counties. As local government planners work to update their land development regulations, association committees review the proposed changes and provide input as to how the development codes can be made the most productive and efficient.
● VCARD also has a Flagler County Chapter (FCARD) to interact with that county’s local governments and keep informed of development-related topics of interest.
● Throughout the past three decades, VCARD and FCARD have gained a solid reputation of respect from local government planners and elected officials – and a number of the municipalities are supporting members of the association.
● VCARD programs and social events provide valuable opportunities to network within the development community and interact with local government representatives and elected officials.
● Housed in the Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce, VCARD’s leaders are appreciative to operate the association through a management contract with The Chamber. To learn more about VCARD membership, programs and projects, visit www.responsibledevelopment.com or contact VCARD Executive Director Kerry Karl at 386-523-3671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VCARD’s Mission – to serve as a liaison between the development community and local government planners and elected officials. And to be an educational resource for members, local government officials and the general public about topics related to Florida growth management, land use planning and the environment.
Chair – Shailesh Patel (Dredging & Marine Consultants)
Chair-Elect – Charles Faulkner (Faulkner & Associates)
Vice Chair – Cathy Vogel (The Catalina Group)
Immediate Past Chair – Shannon Julien (VHB)
Vice Chair, Flagler County (FCARD) – Clint Smith (Palm Coast Holdings)
Secretary, Maria Summerlin (S&ME)
Treasurer, Ron Nowviskie
Kerry Karl, VCARD Director